Saturday, August 27, 2011

In Honor of Back to School

So it's been a few days :) School started for most of the Tampa bay area this week.  For me..well that doesn't mean much except having to dodge school zones, buses, and kids (just kidding!..) But still...it was a busy week and I'm glad it's the weekend again!  I'm really excited to finally have this project done.  I had such a booorring bare wall in the kitchen.  After some google imaging and blogging around I finally found my inspiration for a project (and just in time for a back to school project for all my teacher friends) Here's what got the hamster in my brain going:

In respective order: Apartment Therapy, HGTV, New England Fine  Living


I found a great tutorial from Centsational Girl (all of her DIY's are kinda amazing!)

First, I found this mirror: 
Little Sonny is not so sure



And I Turned it Into This:
This chalkboard has been *Sonny Approved*
But, after it was said and done, it was WAY too big for my little kitchen space and it really competed with the  crown molding on my door frames.  So I gave it to my parents for their kitchen and went thrifting again. Then I found this little gem:
Little Sonny inspecting the Little Gem
It was already white, but it needed some touching up. This project is literally as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Tape off all the wood ( or whatever frame you have)
2. Spray chalkboard paint onto mirror (or picture frame glass if that is more your style to chalk up) and let it dry for 24 hours
3. Once dry, tape off the chalkboard painted area. Then sand, prime, and paint your frame.

And that's it.  1-2-3 right?  

So to make a long story short.......












No comments:

Post a Comment